Merchandising is a marketing technique that aims to get the customer's attention, show the product to be attracted, promote the purchase of the product (offers), and any action in a store to increase sales. There is a merchandising that is:
- Distributor Merchandising: they are all the actions that seek to generate sales, right image, and optimize the establishment space to encourage sales. For this merchandising, there are two strategies:
- Seduction: it consists of producing impulse sales, placing the products within reach of the consumer, and bringing the entire flow of customers to the areas we want. In this classification, we modify the store design, presentation of the products, and everything visual factor to attract the customer.
- Management: it consists of obtaining customer satisfaction, generating sales, and having the highest profitability of them. If you want to use this technique, you must do many market studies and know the client's needs.
Increasing store sales is vital to avoid become bankrupt, to generate feedback with customers, and to receive indirect publicity from customers because of their recommendations. We'll talk about the best five merchandising tricks to increase your sales at the furniture store.
Turn your store visit into an experience
Furniture customers buy from time to time, and sometimes they do not return to the same place because they did not like the furniture store environment or customer service. One trick for a furniture store to have more sales is to improve all aspects of the store, make a reform, and pay close attention to customer service. The improvements you can implement are:
- Place a children's area: most buyers are parents who want to remodel their home.
- Offer coffee: there is nothing better than talking about which furniture they will buy for their room.
- Place a waiting room: many husbands are bored to see sofas all day in many furniture stores, and when they see a place to wait, they will stay in this store.
Keep your Promotions visible
The promotions, sales, and offers are essential for the strategy of the seduction of merchandising because it makes buyers feel attracted to the furniture store. Marketing is the best tool to make the target audience know your store. Some strategies that you can apply to make promotions visible are:
- Facebook ads: Use ads on Facebook to all people close to the store.
- Google ads: Use google ads for geolocated people in the same country as the store.
- Make banners and directions: Making ads in front of the store can attract customers. You always have to focus on being flashy and not boring the consumer.
- Use billboards: Any customer who is walking through the city will know that you are promoting your furniture store.
Create decorative spaces that create attraction
As we have said in the previous points, it is important to create beautiful spaces so that there is always attention in the furniture store. A basic example of this is that children are quickly surprised, it means that if the store is fashionable with all the trends and celebrations, children will attract parents who may be interested in some furniture. We can recommend that:
- Always update the decoration of the store with events and holidays.
- Have renovations planned throughout the year. When a store changes its image, it stimulates customer curiosity.
- Decorative accessories also influence the customer's feelings when they are in the store.
Don’t forget the lighting
Enlightenment considerably influences people's feelings and attitudes. Bad lighting can affect all the furniture store staff and customers who want to enter there. Also, an excess of illumination makes everyone who is near the store feel uncomfortable, so we recommend:
- Hire an interior designer to know how many lights you should have.
- Use white light to give more encouragement because yellow light could generate heaviness.
- Always have portable lamps to illuminate sections that do not have much light.
Leave areas of free movement
Standard furniture stores are a bit awkward because wherever the customer moves, there will be furniture that obstructs their path. It is essential to design well the distribution that the store will have and leave one or two large spaces to create comfort in the environment. This point will depend on how you want the furniture, or if you have other advantages that support this point.